Monday, November 8, 2010

Life Sucks, or why Venture Bros is my favorite reality...

While I could use this blog to discuss the fact that a) my best guy friend ever just moved across country b) I left my boyfriend a week ago or c) my cousin was just shipped off for his 4th tour to Afghanistan, I realize that it could be worse.

For crying out loud, I could be crushed to death by an elephant while riding a motorcycle .

What I'm going to talk about here, right now, is my obsessive love for the Jackson Publick/ Doc Hammer continual masterpiece known as The Venture Bros. While I don't have cable *gasp, cry, boo, hiss* I have itunes, so we're okay.

I'm addicted to sites like The Venture Bros Blog and Adult Swim, and find myself randomly on them at somepoint in the evening.

My ringtone was changed to the J.G. Thirwell introduction to the show. My Droid phone alerts me to new emails by having the Galaxtic Inquisitor yelling "IGNORE ME!" My best guy friend/brother is currently cursing me for discovering the show now that he's left the state.

Here are the reasons I'd rather listen to this cartoon reality:
1. I understand the references: This is mostly because there is some serious geekness going on with the show. A recent episode made references to both Flatliners and The Corbomite Manuever episode of Star Trek. The episode, "Assisted Suicide" currently reigns supreme as my favorite episode of the show.

2. The people who voice the characters are hot...well to me. Doc Hammer, I'm waiting for your call. Seriously. No, seriously. Call me.

3. The Henchmen: 21 is a badass. Suck it up and deal with it. He can kick your ass and debate the reign of Ogopogo. So there.

4. For twenty two minutes at a time, I am able to completely push aside my own reality and get inside the ideas of other writers.

5. David Bowie is the Sovereign.

6. I have awkward uncomfortable crushes on Phantom Limb, Henchman 21 and the Monarch. Just accept it.

7. The Guild of Calamitous intent? Amazing.

8. The quotes fit almost any situation, and unlike the Simpsons, many people miss that you are quoting.

9. Henry Allen Venture.

10. People who like the show seem to have this odd personality that means instant friendship. You know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment