Thursday, March 3, 2011

So Much Drama

My sister is getting married. We know this. We've heard me bitch and be concerned.

We're down to her wedding dress drama.

Some updates:

I'm moving. After a rather rousing row between my sister and her fiance, I was informed that they were moving. While this inspired rather intense and complete terror on my part, I sucked it up and dealt with it. I went and found a new place to live. Of course, the second I declared these intentions, I was informed that they are not moving...not for another two months. So, we've got that drama.

I love my sister and (soon to be) brother-in-law. Both of them are sweet, occasionally selfish, individuals who I adore.

However, I am not in love with my sister's wedding freak outs.

Her wedding dress has been a great issue.

She found a great dress. The first was a gorgeous Snow White inspired Disney ensemble. While my mother showed me the pictures (as they went during her week off from school and I was still working) she took equal time to criticize the man I'm dating. My sister looks beautiful. She looks the way I'd kill to look in a wedding dress. The dress is $1000. Thankfully, my grandfather (only living biological grandparent) has offered to shell out $500 of that. My mother, $300. This leaves my sister's portion at $200. I was thrilled that the debate was over. The dress had been found. But as usual, my declarations of excitement are far too soon.

In the midst of rather terrible intestinal distress that forced me to leave work early (and stay in bed today) I heard my sister on the brink of a nervous breakdown.

Sitting on the couch, she looked as if she was going to start crying uncontrollably.
"What's wrong?" I asked, supporting my weight against the door frame.

"I can't decide which wedding dress I want." The almost tantrum was building.

"Show me." I said. She showed me two dresses. Both are gorgeous. The second is a modern, mermaid-style, gorgeous dress. Its also amazing. She looks great in both of them. Both are $1000.

Whatever makes you happy...

Her friends are telling her things. She's worried she looks fat. She looks beautiful. Totally bridal beautiful.

Her fiance and I spent the time trying to explain to her how whatever she picks will be fine. She wants us to make a decision. It got to the point where she started freaking out and asking her fiance if he thought she was fat.

The screaming commenced. He and I don't know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment