Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas: Or why people need to stop telling me my business

It was a friggen great Christmas. No sarcasm there. I had a great time with the family, got wonderful gifts, had a great meal. However, there was one common thread that really got my goat.

Everyone's obsession with my relationship status.

My first college boyfriend sent me a Merry Christmas text message. It was followed by "I really hope you find someone this year that you can wake up to always."

Who sends that to someone? Who sends that to someone they've been broken up with for....10 years or so?

My mom did this wish pig thing this year. It's a peppermint pig that you put in a bag, hit with a little mini hammer, and as you do so you make a wish. My mom later confessed she wished that this year I would find someone and they would be good to me.

My baby sister thought I was mad at her when she walked into the room with my mom's old veil on and I was pissed off. Dude, I was pissed off about something entirely different.

My future brother in law told me that there were lots of great guys out there after a random side comment during a family game of "Chickenfoot."

I get it. I'm single. Congratulations.

Tonight I deleted my OKCupid account again. Fuck it. I'm working on my book, watching Fight Club and looking forward to going to see my "brother" in less than a week. Life is good. I'm not worried about it anymore. I'm not looking. I wish the people who have screwed me over all the best in the world, and that's without sarcasm.

Peace on Earth, Good Will Towards Bad Men

No comments:

Post a Comment